FrankenBike Austin Special Event – the Inaugural Bike in Swap Meet at the Austin Central Library – is presented By Roland Bikes, BikeTexas, Independence Brewing Company, Trudy’s, Ruta Maya Coffee and Junior’s Beer and Wine and will be held on SUNDAY, March 08, 2020 from noon-4pm at the Austin Central Library located at 710 W. Cesar Chavez St, Austin, Texas 78701.
The Austin Central Library has a Bike Corral – with parking for up to 200 bikes – that is currently underutilized [that] they would like to make more known by inviting the entire Austin Cycling Community to a day full of Bikes and Fun!
There is NO ROOM FOR AUTOMOBILES during this FrankenBike Special Event so pack your bike trailers and backpacks with all the bikes/parts you can tote and ride your bike to the Inaugural FrankenBike Austin Bike In Swap Meet at the Austin Central Library.
Seriously, do not show up with a truck/car full of bikes and parts and expect to set up as you will be sad. There is nowhere to stop and unload or park your car or truck.
As vendors of the event, if you can get a single, small table and chairs there on your bike or bike trailer go for it but leave the tents at home.
There are many big flat rocks you can utilize – just stay off the plants. A blanket or towel on the ground works, too. Pack a lunch and water.
All FrankenBike Vendors must check in at the FrankenBike booth prior to setting up. Vendors may arrive as early as 11am and can show up throughout the day.
We must all be packed up and off the event grounds no later than 4pm.
Chris is the event organizer for FrankenBike Austin so be sure to ask for him when you arrive.
See you on the 8th!
Until then, Stay Safe, make the most of your day and Go Ride Your Bike!
March 08, 2020 – A Celebration Of All Things Green
Other presenters: Central Texas Seed Savers, Environmental Science Institute, Joe McDermott, Peelander Yellow, PARD/ the Leave No Trace program, Texas Wild Mushrooming, Westcave / CiNCA (Children in Nature Collaborative of Austin), Environmental Survey Consulting, Central Texas Mycology, Sustainable Living Guide, Grow Green Program, Cities Connecting Children to Nature (CCCN), Keep Austin Fed, Skulls and Skins, Austin Edible Gardens, CapitalMetro, Austin Permaculture Guild, Tillery Street Plant Company, Austin Water, Shoal Creek Conservancy and more.
Win a 2019 Roland Terra Cruiser
Everyone in attendance will get a free raffle ticket for a chance to win a 2019 Roland Terra Cruiser Bicycle which FrankenBike will give away during the event at 4pm sharp. You must be present to win and no purchase is necessary. FrankenBike Bike In Swap Meet Vendors will get 2 raffle tickets. 😉
After Event Party 4:30-6pm
About the Austin Central Library
- 6 floors with 200,000 total square feet
- 14 Shared Learning Rooms that can be used for classes, workshops, meetings, co-working, etc.
- 589 seats throughout the building
- 140 public use PC and Mac computers
- 150 self-check electronic devices such as laptops and iPads
- 50 large screens for displaying electronic information
- Gallery Space dedicated to temporary art exhibits
- Event Center and Space Rentals
- Cookbook Bar and Café
- Gift Shop
- Local Seed Library on northwest corner of the 6th floor
- Reading Porches overlooking Shoal Creek and Lady Bird Lake
- Platinum LEED® Certification
- Rooftop garden with largest solar installation in downtown Austin
- Operates 30 percent more efficiently than energy code requires
- Energy savings equivalent to the energy needs of 130 households/year
- Seaholm EcoDistrict self-guided audio tour
- Public Art at the Austin Public Library: Wander, CAW
- Seaholm Public Art: Power Picket, Array, Spin, and Crullers
Awards & Recognition
- TIME Magazine World’s Greatest Places 2018
- AIA/ALA Library Building Award
- Shoal Creek Conservancy Keystone Award
- ASCE Texas Section Outstanding Civil Engineering Achievement Award
- Excellence in Structural Engineering Award
- Urban Libraries Council 2018 Top Innovators Award
What is not allowed at FrankenBike events? This is not a complete list. No Alcohol or adult beverage of any kind. Non-Bicycle-Related Vendors are not allowed at FrankenBike unless previous permission has been granted. Intoxicated persons are not allowed at FrankenBike. Fighting is not allowed at FrankenBike. Drugs are not allowed at FrankenBike. Stolen items are not allowed at FrankenBike. Deception is not allowed at FrankenBike. Contraband as deemed by FrankenBike, the current FrankenBike host location, a town, a city, a county, a state or the federal government is not allowed at FrankenBike. Unfriendly Animals or Friendly Animals that are not leashed are not allowed at FrankenBike. Children under the age of 18 without parental supervision are not allowed at FrankenBike. Again, this is not a complete list.